I’m always amazed at the use of tags in last.fm, specially for songs.
Some random examples I’ve seen lately:
- Stereolab – Hallucinex: resistance is futile, electronic renaissance, sounds like sun, sigh and swoon in equal measure.
- Stereolab – Nothing to do with me: music to edit pictures to.
- Stereolab – Suggestion diabolique: take the bull by the horns
- Daedelus – Thus the whirligig: achingly intelligent
- u-ziq – mushroom compost: I am a party girl here is my soundtrack, systolische phase
What I love is the interpretations they suggest. And most of the times you can understand what the tag means listening to the song.
And then two things I don’t like about the last (otherwise great) last.fm player update (22.214.171.124):
- As far as I know, I can no longer see this information (tags for the currently playing song) directly in the player. That was, as you’ve seen, a good source of joy
- You can no longer construct a multiple artist radio either in the web or the radio player. I cannot see a reason for this, as you can still do it with a url (Note: this link will try to open your last.fm player, if you have one, and will tune in a radio based on all the artists mentioned in this post). Hope they are not deprecating this feature, as I have something soon to release based on that